Proposal: API changes to allow updating of a service instance

David Stevenson

Jun 9, 2014, 2:26:43 PM6/9/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
CF Community -

We'd love your feedback on a proposal to allow updating of an existing service_instance after it has been created.  The first use-case we're trying to support is plan upgrade/downgrade, but with an eye towards eventually allowing updates of different parameters as well.  To implement this feature, we'd have to modify the CLI, the CC API, and the V2 Service Broker API.  All the details are in this document, and your comments are very welcome:

https://docs.google.com/a/pivotallabs.com/document/d/1SITSBB4WKlpBoV3akTwLOk7olFF_ZhRdv8RtPunMM2I/edit

The core services team is hoping to begin this feature within the next month, and you'll be able to eventually see the detailed stories and progress in our public tracker.

Thanks!

-David Stevenson
Director of Engineering, CF Services

john mcteague

Jun 10, 2014, 8:42:03 AM6/10/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
+1 This is a much needed feature. I can predict upgrading plans will be a common requirement in my org, future resource growth can never be 100% accurately predicted and the current model causes us issues, in some cases we need to spin up a new larger service instance and migrate.

Brian Martin

Jul 19, 2014, 10:21:07 AM7/19/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
++1   A very needed feature.  I made some comments in the doc