Cloud Controller Tests Refactor

Mark Kropf

Jun 4, 2014, 1:10:53 PM6/4/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Before we merge any change into the cloud controller repo, we run a series of tests against that change to determine if it is safe. These tests run against all pull requests and each dev with commit rights runs them prior to committing. During the past few months the cloud controller tests have reached a milestone of instability. The runtime and services teams have been aggressively refactoring the cc tests to get the cc to a place where tests are reliable again. This effort has caused all of the cloud foundry development teams and the community a lot of latency in merging change into the CC. For the foreseeable future, we are single threaded on commits to the CC repo. We are working to get PR's that have been long in the queue processed and merged into cf-release. During this effort, new CC PR's could take longer than normal to be evaluated and merged. We intend to focus our efforts on improving the CC tests to enable teams to merge change to the CC with confidence.

You can track our efforts here in our tracker under the cc-test-debt epic: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/epic/show/1233504

Thanks,

Mark

Christopher Ferris

Jun 4, 2014, 8:55:12 PM6/4/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org

Thanks for the update, Mark

Aristoteles Neto

Jun 8, 2014, 10:59:41 PM6/8/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Thanks Mark,

Out of interest, is this whats blocking creation of release 173? (you can tell I’ve grown accustomed to seeing a new release each week :P)

If not, what would be the easiest way to see whats blocking?

Aristoteles Neto

Abhi Hiremagalur

Jun 8, 2014, 11:08:41 PM6/8/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
We had a bad CI week, unrelated to CC tests, which prevented us from creating a final release safely this week.

Abhi