what makes it possible to write app logs into a socket in loggregator?

Hongliang Sun

Mar 11, 2014, 1:14:10 AM3/11/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi, all,

        Recently I am learning loggregator in Cloud Foundry v2.

        And Now I have some confusion on app logs and dea_agent in loggregator.

        As I know so far, in loggregator, dea_agent will receives app logs in container, and dea_agent achieves this goal by listening a socket which something(where I confuse) writes the app logs into. Finally, dea_agent collects app logs, and then sends them to loggregator traffic controller.

        There must be something doing writing work into the socket. While I think it is not the work of user's app, neither is dea_ng. But who takes charge of this work?

         Can someone give me some help?

Thanks in Advance

--
Best Regards!

Hongliang Sun (孙宏亮)
(shla...@zju.edu.cn)
Cloud Team
Software Engineering Laboratory
Zhejiang University

David Lee

Mar 11, 2014, 2:51:31 AM3/11/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi Hongliang,

I believe what you're looking for in the warden component. See the run(options = {}) function in:

This is where app stdout/stderr gets wired into the logging system.

-Dave