Bootstrapping CF outside of us-east-1

Dan Higham

Jun 18, 2013, 6:45:01 AM6/18/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hey All,

For anyone wishing to use the AWS bootstrap instructions at http://docs.cloudfoundry.com/docs/running/deploying-cf/ec2/index.html but wants to deploy outside us-east-1.

Take a look at a gist I have created at https://gist.github.com/danhigham/5804252, there are details in the first comment on how to run this. Essentially I have created a fork of BOSH which accommodates other regions during the setup phase and then the gist is a script that publishes both required stemcells to your desired region.

Any suggested edits are very welcome. I have said this in the comment and I will say it here too, this is only intended as a stop gap until we have proper support for bootstrapping in other regions. For now, this seems to work fine. Take a look through the script and read the comments before you run it.

Cheers

Dan