How to use the debug-port?

Zhongying Tu

Apr 10, 2013, 11:07:59 PM4/10/13
to vcap-dev
Hi, Guys:
     Does anyone know how to open the debug-port of Java apps? Seems ‘--debug’ option not work with vmc.
     Thx~
Jacky

Dr Nic Williams

Apr 10, 2013, 11:52:05 PM4/10/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
It's possible that CLI option didn't yet get added to vmc/cf in the rewrite of 0.4? (that is if you get vmc 0.3.X it might have it). Interesting to know if there's a feature to add to cf that used to be in vmc.
--
Dr Nic Williams
twitter @drnic

Zhongying Tu

Apr 11, 2013, 4:33:44 AM4/11/13
to vcap-dev
Yes, I turned to vmc 0.3.x, it does have this feature, interesting~~

Dr Nic Williams

Apr 11, 2013, 9:32:12 AM4/11/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org

v0.4 was a complete rewrite; so possible that features didn't get fully mapped across. Perhaps you can patch cf gem?

BTW I use 0.3.23 for our work on v1.
--
Dr Nic Williams
Stark & Wayne LLC - the consultancy for Cloud Foundry

Tim Lang

Apr 11, 2013, 1:24:22 PM4/11/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Dr. Nic is correct. We added this in vmc, and it is prioritized for
the new cf client, but it's going to be a while yet.

- Tim

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 6:32 AM, Dr Nic Williams
--
Tim Lang
Product Manager, Cloud Foundry