Service with dedicated instance/process

Sridharan Kuppa

Oct 28, 2013, 5:35:40 PM10/28/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
We have our custom database, it has server (a process) and it can create/delete and host multiple databases.   Currently, we have only one server and creates a database when a new service is provisioned.  Now, we are moving to V2 from V1 and we wanted leverage its feature.   I am exploring out, how to create dedicated server for each database during provisioning of service, (separate process).  I can update the node code to provision a service and start a server but I am not sure what happens when VM crash, who has responsibility of restarting all the server instance running under that vm?  Do I need to start the server during the bind operation?  Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Sridharan

Dr Nic Williams

Oct 28, 2013, 8:12:53 PM10/28/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I'd suggest looking at the cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-broker as an example of a broker that works with a single mysql server to support create/bind actions.

Sridharan Kuppa

Oct 29, 2013, 12:49:01 AM10/29/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi Nic,

  I did not find any code that does provisioning of service, may be I am looking at the wrong file :(

  My requirement is to implement provisioning a service to provision a service instance and each service instance must be a dedicated process.

-Sridharan