bosh_aws_bootstrap & bootstrap-cf-plugin

Dr Nic Williams

Apr 8, 2013, 7:45:44 PM4/8/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Was it a 50/50 choice, or was there a reasoning for https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bootstrap-cf-plugin being a plugin for cf/vmc, rather than for bosh?*

Thanks!
Nic

* for example, bosh-cloudfoundry is a plugin for bosh

--
Dr Nic Williams
twitter @drnic

Jesse Zhang

Apr 10, 2013, 2:49:40 AM4/10/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Ideologically it belongs in neither place. But we need an idiot mode one button tool. Whatever gets the job done.

Jesse

Dr Nic Williams

Apr 10, 2013, 11:30:52 AM4/10/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Well, technically we have multiple tools as part of the "one button tool" - bosh & a bosh plugin; cf & various cf plugins. So moving code into relevant places (or an additional plugin) doesn't break the net result of "one button tool" (since its not really a one button tool currently).

Nic