Audit events ( /v2/events )

Mark Kropf

Jul 17, 2014, 1:44:55 PM7/17/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Dear Loving Community,

We are searching for a method of improving /v2/events performance by adding an index that was missed when the feature was originally implemented. As a part of this work, we've come across a series of very inconvenient constraints that is driving us to truncate the `events` table prior to performing this migration. Thus far the use of this table is very limited with cli support just recently being added.

If the data in the `events` table of the ccdb is important to you, you will need to export it prior to deploying v176.

Mark

Doug Davis

Jul 17, 2014, 3:35:31 PM7/17/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org

Hi Mark,
  this would seem to imply that the data that's causing an issue (and will be dropped) is data that will no longer be generated in the future since it would violate those constraints - do I have the right?  If so, what kind of data is no longer going to be generated?  We have tooling that uses that data in the events tables so I'd like to know if we're going to be negatively impacted by this data no longer being available us.

thanks
-Doug
STSM |  Standards Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  d...@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Mark Kropf ---07/17/2014 01:45:05 PM---Dear Loving Community, We are searching for a method of improvMark Kropf ---07/17/2014 01:45:05 PM---Dear Loving Community, We are searching for a method of improving /v2/events performance by adding

James Bayer

Jul 20, 2014, 9:21:10 AM7/20/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
no, the problem is simply that the data in this table is too big to create an index on it in large systems like bluemix or PWS without incurring timeouts and issues with availability. ibm was involved in this analysis, you can contact alex t if you need more details.

Thank you,

James Bayer