syslog drains for all cf components

John McTeague

Jul 1, 2014, 6:44:19 AM7/1/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I can attach a syslog drain to an application and recieve all relevant logs for that app (router, app, stager etc) but can I attach a syslog drain somewhere to get all the logs for the core cf components (uaa, cc etc)? They are all aggregated via the syslog_aggregator but I would like to feed them all into elasticsearch via logstash as I do for individual applications.

Thanks,
John

Alex Jackson

Jul 1, 2014, 10:18:59 AM7/1/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi John,
    I assume your running your own CF instance not using the run.pivotal.io instance.    If that is correct you should be able to change the syslog settings in your manifest to point at your logstash instance.    The manifest settings are below.    Just set them to match your logstash config and then do a bosh deploy with the manifest changes.   Hope that helps.
    - Alex.

syslog_aggregator.address:
  syslog_aggregator.port:
  syslog_aggregator.all: