cf-release v189 is available

Dieu Cao

Oct 8, 2014, 6:57:22 PM10/8/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org

Release Notes

The cf-release v189 was released on October 8th, 2014

Release Highlights

  • go buildpack to v1.0.4
  • python buildpack to v1.0.5
  • php buildpack to v1.0.2
  • nodejs buildpack to v1.0.4
  • We are now always registering routes through nats on an interval
  • cc_ng, cc_clock, and cc_worker jobs have configurable memory limits for alert and restart

Config

Deployed with

  • BOSH Version: 106

  • Stemcell Version: 2719.3

  • CC Api Version: 2.14.0

Diff file

cf-189-whats-in-the-deploy

https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/cf-docs-contrib/wiki/v189

Sekhar Hari

Oct 14, 2014, 1:02:50 AM10/14/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hello there -

CF-189 gives me an error "Error 190012: Can't find template `loggregator'" while doing `bosh deploy`. Was there any major change in 'loggregator' as part of this release? Any idea what could be going wrong?

Thanks,
Sekhar H.

Iwasaki Yudai

Oct 14, 2014, 3:33:04 PM10/14/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I seems Loggregator has been removed and now a new job named Doppler is available instead of Loggregator.

Alexander Jackson

Oct 14, 2014, 3:40:30 PM10/14/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Yes the loggregator component was renamed to doppler.   This change was make in CF v 183.
       - Alex.

Sekhar Hari

Oct 15, 2014, 12:48:03 AM10/15/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Thanks. How do we write a job and properties for Doppler - do you have a sample for this?

Cheers,
Sekhar H.

Alexander Jackson

Oct 15, 2014, 8:50:10 AM10/15/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
If you generate the manifest from the templates included with CF v 189 following the normal instructions[1], sections for doppler will be generated from the templates for you.   I does look like we forgot to update the README in the loggregator repo that has a manifest sample, I will get that fixed shortly.
    - Alex.

Sekhar Hari

Oct 16, 2014, 4:15:20 AM10/16/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Thanks. I got it working now.

Alexander Jackson

Oct 17, 2014, 10:43:35 PM10/17/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi,
   There wasn't a major change with loggregator in CF 189.    Do you have the templates checked out from tag CF 189 or from "master" in cf-release?   This can cause issues with the template generation.   If you are upgrading from an older CF release you will need to regenerate your manifest from the templates released with CF 189.
        - Alex.