Connect via https

Arvin

May 6, 2013, 12:00:13 AM5/6/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org

Does anyone know about how to connect apps on vcap via https?

I found that maybe I should re-compile nginx which vcap used to control routers, but I don't get where I should config the nginx that vcap installed...

Any advise would be very appreciated.

James Bayer

May 6, 2013, 1:13:02 AM5/6/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
The new version of the router is written in Go and no longer uses nginx. It assumes that SSL termination is done at a load balancer in front of Cloud Foundry routers. Examples of something capable of doing this include F5, Zeus, AWS ELB's, etc. The Cloud Foundry router looks for and passes along X-Forwarded-For and X-Forwarded-Proto so that the apps that run in the DEA's get those headers.

CF.com still using v1 components has been running the GoRouter in production since near the beginning of the year.

The GoRouter has demonstrated much higher scalability in our tests than the previous version that was a combination of nginx, lua and ruby.

You may still be able to use the previous nginx based router and get it to do SSL termination, but it is no longer being maintained or tested and we did not do CF.com SSL termination with it.
--
Thank you,

James Bayer
Message has been deleted

Arvin

May 7, 2013, 1:56:23 AM5/7/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Thanks for your reply, according to emergency of my project, I think I still need to config the previous nginx to do SSL termination.
So... Can you give me some direction about how to do that?

Thanks anyway
Cheers,
Arvin

James Bayer於 2013年5月6日星期一UTC+8下午1時13分02秒寫道:

James Bayer

May 7, 2013, 4:00:11 AM5/7/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I haven't ever done that and I'm not sure how. Maybe someone else that is using the old router will be able to help you. It's likely just standard nginx https configuration.

黃首翰

May 7, 2013, 4:07:00 AM5/7/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I knew that it just standard nginx ssl configuration, but I don't know where can I configure the "nginx" on CloudFoundry
That's my biggest problem.

2013/5/7 James Bayer <jba...@gopivotal.com>

--

成功大學 資工所 前瞻網路資料庫實驗室
資訊種子第八屆

James Bayer

May 7, 2013, 4:22:49 AM5/7/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
The old router is here:

Looks like there is some config in the v1 branch of cf-release in the router job: