Erro while uploading bosh release

bharath P

Mar 24, 2015, 5:02:48 PM3/24/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi All ,

My name is bharath. I am a newbie to cloud foundry. Recently I am working on setting up cf on devstack. I was come upto the point of creating release . When I upload it . It gives  error message "Task exited with status failed". Before that it is saying version mismatch in director and cli . Either one had to upgrade or other had to be downgraded.

I am also trying get the logs  but couldn't able to find where they are located

regards
Bharath

Dmitriy Kalinin

Mar 24, 2015, 5:08:32 PM3/24/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Please include full output from the CLI command that gave you an error and output of `bosh status`.

bharath P

Mar 24, 2015, 5:31:42 PM3/24/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
The following is the output on the command prompt after the bosh upload release command. I just added the last lines where the error occurred . The full output is attached as text file

---------output of bosh upload release --------------
License
  - license (861d82c0d9745784acfcd026ccf44e942579824a)

You are using CLI > 1.2579.0 with a director that doesn't support the new version format you are using. Upgrade your director to match the version of your CLI or downgrade your CLI to 1.2579.0 to avoid versioning mismatch issues.
Converting to old format                                     OK

Uploading release
release-refor: 100% |ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo|   5.1GB   1.4MB/s Time: 01:01:39

Task exited with status failed

------------output of bosh status -------------------------

Config
             /home/vedams/.bosh_config

Director
  Name       microbosh
  URL        https://172.168.10.4:25555
  Version    1.2427.0 (release:921db96c bosh:921db96c)
  User       admin
  UUID       a0a11fec-c899-45b1-bade-c808160816cd
  CPI        openstack
  dns        enabled (domain_name: microbosh)
  compiled_package_cache disabled
  snapshots  disabled

Deployment
  Manifest   /home/vedams/my-micro-deployment/cf-release/cf-deployment.yml

regards
Bharath
bosh upload release.txt

Dmitriy Kalinin

Mar 24, 2015, 10:51:44 PM3/24/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
I would recommend updating your Director to the latest version and see if the error is resolved or more info it printed.

Craig Smith

Mar 25, 2015, 12:15:46 PM3/25/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Are you trying to deploy CF with Microbosh? Is there enough space on MicroBosh to handle the release?

Johannes Hiemer

Mar 25, 2015, 12:25:05 PM3/25/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Is this the nginx related error?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Johannes Hiemer

Dmitriy Kalinin

Mar 25, 2015, 5:34:52 PM3/25/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
It depends how you configure microbosh. Make sure to give at least 30gb of ephemeral and persistent disk.

nman...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2015, 6:22:34 AM3/30/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
yes , I am following the procedures in documentation shown here http://docs.cloudfoundry.org/deploying/openstack/

bharath

Dmitriy Kalinin

Apr 2, 2015, 3:09:45 PM4/2/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Documentation references m1.xlarge as a flavor, though it does not specify how big that flavor should be. We suggest to give it at least 30gb of ephemeral disk space.