Auto-Cancellation of Tasks

simon....@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2015, 2:38:56 PM4/28/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
I can't seem to figure out why BOSH keeps on canceling my CF deployment tasks. I'm not getting this issue with any of my other BOSH releases..only for Cloud Foundry. Even after reverting manifest changes back to original state I still can't get past the "Binding DNS" step during a deploy. I increased the AWS instances type from m1.medium to m3.xlarge with still no luck. Is it possible some corrupt data exists in the BOSH database? Threading issue?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
-Simon

Current deployment is `/workspace/deployments/cf/cf.yml'
ubuntu@ip-10-96-32-4:~$ bosh -n deploy

Processing deployment manifest
------------------------------
Getting deployment properties from director...
Compiling deployment manifest...

Detecting deployment changes
----------------------------
Releases
No changes

Compilation
No changes

Update
No changes

Resource pools
No changes

Disk pools
No changes

Networks
No changes

Jobs
No changes

Properties
No changes

Meta
No changes

Deploying
---------
Deployment name: `cf.yml'
Director name: `bosh'

Director task 174
  Started preparing deployment
  Started preparing deployment > Binding deployment. Done (00:00:00)
  Started preparing deployment > Binding releases. Done (00:00:00)
  Started preparing deployment > Binding existing deployment. Done (00:01:51)
  Started preparing deployment > Binding resource pools. Done (00:00:00)
  Started preparing deployment > Binding stemcells. Done (00:00:00)
  Started preparing deployment > Binding templates. Done (00:00:00)
  Started preparing deployment > Binding properties. Done (00:00:00)
  Started preparing deployment > Binding unallocated VMs. Done (00:00:00)
  Started preparing deployment > Binding instance networks. Done (00:00:00)
     Done preparing deployment (00:01:51)

  Started preparing package compilation > Finding packages to compile. Done (00:00:00)

  Started preparing dns > Binding DNS. Done (00:00:05)

Error 10001: Task 174 cancelled

Task 174 cancelled

Task exited with status cancelled

Dmitriy Kalinin

Apr 28, 2015, 3:09:44 PM4/28/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Ah I have seen this before once. We did not have a chance to fix the message yet.

The underlying problem is typically about tasks not properly checking in within given time. That might be because BOSH machine is too small/busy, or Director VM might not have ntp correctly configured.