Installing Cloud foundry on OpenStack using turtles(Piston)

gowri...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2014, 4:54:25 AM8/6/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi ,

I am trying to setup Cloud foundry on OpenStack using the method given in http://www.pistoncloud.com/2013/06/deploying-bosh-cloud-foundry-openstack/ . When I do 'turtles deploy-bosh',  I am getting an error ' rake aborted! read timeout reached'.I could not figure out what the problem is .Can anybody help me with this ?

My deployment environment:
  • OpenStack Icehouse with nova-network
  • VM has access to internet
I have attached the screenshot of error as well. Any help is appreciated .

Thanks,
Gowri
Piston_error.png

Dmitriy Kalinin

Aug 6, 2014, 5:04:25 AM8/6/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
I'm not familiar with those instructions (they might be out-of-date since they were published last year).

OpenStack instructions from the docs site might help: http://docs.cloudfoundry.org/bosh/deploy-microbosh-to-openstack.html.

gowri...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2014, 5:18:06 AM8/6/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi,

Thanks a lot for response. I tried that as well but I am stuck at an different error saying ' unable to connect to Compute API' . ( I have attached the screenshot ). I amtrying all the approaches I can to get it working but no luck till now. I posted the error in the group but I could not resolve it ( https://groups.google.com/a/cloudfoundry.org/forum/#!searchin/bosh-users/cannot$20connect$20to$20compute$20API/bosh-users/opV8dRdVhcQ/y5Vh1XIY9bsJ) .

Some people suggested that it could be because of nova-network.(I do not have a nuetron setup yet) I am very new to this and I am stuck at this for some time now.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Gowri L N
error_micro_bosh2.png