Question: Boot VMs on OpenStack using filters?

nicola...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2014, 2:18:40 AM1/8/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi all.

We are facing some weird behavior of the Nova Scheduler. Our stack (testing environment) consists of 5 hypervisors of two different sizes (all have same number of CPUs, but different amounts of RAM and disk). It looks like new VMs which we create via BOSH are beeing scheduled by Nova to boot on the hypervisors witch already carry most VMs. So this brought up the question: Does BOSH (i.e. the OpenStack CPI) currently use filters when scheduling VMs?

Thanks in advance.
Nic

Ferran Rodenas

Jan 8, 2014, 2:33:20 AM1/8/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
No, the CPI doesn't use filters. The only placement logic when booting vm is the availability zone.

- Ferdy
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bosh-users+...@cloudfoundry.org.