Manually deleted VM now Bosh is complaining

Arunabha Ghosh

Oct 26, 2013, 4:30:15 PM10/26/13
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi, I foolishly terminated two VM instances that seemed to be doing nothing. Now bosh can't deploy and fails with an error

Timed out sending `get_state'

I ran bosh cloudcheck which offered to 'Recreate VM using last known apply spec', however that resolution fails to work as Bosh now complains that the instances are missing. Is there any way of recovering from this without redeploying the whole cloudfoundry instance ?

Ferran Rodenas

Oct 29, 2013, 5:07:22 PM10/29/13
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
You can choose "Delete VM reference" (as the VMs are gone) when running 'bosh cck', and then deploy again. Bosh will detect that there're 2 missing VM and it will create again.

- Ferdy