A generate_deployment_manifest howto for openstack?

Tom Sherrod

Sep 2, 2014, 9:19:02 AM9/2/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
I've come a long way in getting a cloud foundry environment running in openstack. Microbosh to bosh now in the final stages of a cf deployment. Things are looking great, EXCEPT, the latest code is tripping me up with manifest changes. After the second failure along the same lines, time to dig a bit deeper. I got past the nfs change and now stuck at a loggregator one. From research, a stub is needed for generate_deployment_manifest to run for something more current than the example in docs. Any chance of an example openstack stub around?

In following threads, I found https://github.com/jhiemer/cf-openstack-deployment and it looks promising .  I will be working on it today, unless a better alternative comes from this post.

Thanks,
Tom

Dmitriy Kalinin

Sep 2, 2014, 12:32:32 PM9/2/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
What kind of errors are you seeing from generate_deployment_manifest? The way we usually fill out stub file is by adding fields that spiff indicates are missing.

Koper, Dies

Sep 2, 2014, 8:51:36 PM9/2/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org

There is a working stub for CF v180 on OpenStack attached to https://groups.google.com/a/cloudfoundry.org/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/vcap-dev/rjzOEQncK7o/Nm1maSwMu-gJ.

Regards,

Dies Koper

Tom Sherrod

Sep 5, 2014, 3:08:49 PM9/5/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
I'm not sure how to run generate_deployment_manifest. This is one of my problems. Pointers?

I will give the example a try too.

Thanks,
Tom

Dmitriy Kalinin

Sep 5, 2014, 7:26:56 PM9/5/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Without a stub file (stub file keeps bunch of private credentials for your deployment) spiff will just tell you to fill out bunch of missing fields.

    generate_deployment_manifest openstack <your stub file with missing fields>

If you do not want to create a stub file here is a gist for minimal openstack deployment: https://gist.github.com/frodenas/e3a8f04c50b29227332a