Failure to start bosh-lite on aws: "The following settings shouldn't exist: id"

Cyrille Le Clerc

Jan 12, 2015, 9:55:02 AM1/12/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Dear community,

I get a failure when I start Bosh Lite on Vagrant-AWS: "The following settings shouldn't exist: id".

I can reproduce with the default VagrantFile.

Did someone ever face this?

Cyrille

$ vagrant up --provider aws
Setting `id` on a provisioner is deprecated. Please use the
new syntax of `config.vm.provision "name", type: "type"
where "name" is the replacement for `id`. This will be
fully removed in Vagrant 1.8.
Setting `id` on a provisioner is deprecated. Please use the
new syntax of `config.vm.provision "name", type: "type"
where "name" is the replacement for `id`. This will be
fully removed in Vagrant 1.8.
There are errors in the configuration of this machine. Please fix
the following errors and try again:

vm:
* The following settings shouldn't exist: id

shell provisioner:
* The following settings shouldn't exist: id
* The following settings shouldn't exist: id

Context
  • Vagrant 1.7.1
  • Bosh Lite version: git hash 29ee57b
  • VirtualBox 4.3.20r96996 (should not be used)
vagrant.log

Dr Nic Williams

Jan 17, 2015, 9:20:41 AM1/17/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
I'm seeing this too this morning. Created a ticket. https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh-lite/issues/232

Cyrille Le Clerc

Jan 17, 2015, 3:18:14 PM1/17/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org

Thanks Dr Nick!

Cyrille

Cyrille Le Clerc
clec...@cloudbees.com +33-6.61.33.69.86
Sent from my mobile phone

Dmitriy Kalinin

Jan 19, 2015, 8:54:55 PM1/19/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
we are aware of the issue and are trying to push out a build without 'name' attribute. i believe if you downgrade to the vagrant version 1.6.3 from the readme it should work.