CLOUD FOUNDRY MANIFEST GENERATION

Parthiban Annadurai

Mar 16, 2015, 4:27:47 AM3/16/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi All,
         Could anyone please tell me how to generate the manifest file for CF Deployment using BOSH?? I have CF-STUB.YML file.. I have uploaded the CF-202 Release also..

Thanks in Advance..

James Bayer

Mar 16, 2015, 11:06:28 AM3/16/15
to bosh-users
if you just want a minimal manifest for aws you should be able to use the example manifest [1]. if you are using a different infrastructure, there are spiff instructions [2].

[1] http://docs.cloudfoundry.org/deploying/ec2/configure_aws_cf.html

Thank you,

James Bayer

Parthiban Annadurai

Mar 17, 2015, 2:31:18 AM3/17/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi James,
              Thanks for your reply.. In CF manifest, how i need to specify the token value?? Thanks in Advance..

Parthiban Annadurai

Mar 17, 2015, 6:33:34 AM3/17/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
@James,
              I have followed the [2] link which you specified, but its not generating anything.. Could you please tell me elaborately?? I need your kind help on this to generate manifest James..

The steps i followed as follows,

i) first i copied the cf-stub.yml file from /cf-release/spec/fixtures/vsphere to cf-release directory.
ii) modified that file based on the link you specified, in that for tokens, secrets, keys i specified same password to all.
iii) then i used the command, "./generate_deployment_manifest /root/oss/cf-release/spec/fixtures/vsphere/ cf-stub.yml > cf-deployment.yml".
iv) it automatically created the cf-deployment.yml file in directory also but in that no contents, it has only the following,

       "usage: ./generate_deployment_manifest <aws|openstack|warden|vsphere> [stubs...]"

FYI, I have attached my cf-stub.yml file as MS-Word document. Please refer it and kindly help me James..

Thanks in Advance..
cf-stub.doc