How to set target for openstack deployment when using DHCP

Tim Leong

Aug 27, 2014, 8:35:35 AM8/27/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
When trying to deploy microbosh, i need to use DHCP in my deployment manifest.  However, when I use dynamic without a vip as stated in the docs, bosh micro deploy fails because it can't set a target.  Is there any way to get around this?

Here is my manfiest:

network:
  type
: dynamic
  cloud_properties
:
    net_id
: 3580ad67-f4d8-4552-9a6b-ac277eed76ce

Dmitriy Kalinin

Aug 27, 2014, 2:52:14 PM8/27/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Do you have CLI output with an error or does it time out connecting to the VM? I have not used type=dynamic when deploying with MicroBOSH because if its IP changes, VMs that MicroBOSH deployed will keep on pointing for an old IP and won't be able to communicate via NATS (unless DNS is used).

Phillip Neumann

Aug 28, 2014, 9:41:53 AM8/28/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org

__________________
pneu...@gmail.com
@killfil

Dmitriy Kalinin

Aug 28, 2014, 1:04:08 PM8/28/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Phillip: out of curiosity could you show us your micro-bosh deployment manifest. from what I remember dummy value would not work.

Phillip Neumann

Aug 28, 2014, 3:50:29 PM8/28/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Sure: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=GCAnix7t