bosh upload release - failed on release extraction

Craig Smith

Sep 10, 2014, 11:15:15 PM9/10/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
http://pastebin.com/UFkqgg8m <- bosh upload release output and debug task log

Hi all, going through my first CF deploy. So far so good except for this painful error. This of course happens after the release is fully uploaded. Above is the output, nothing is really standing out to me as the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Currently I am re-running the command to see if I get success this time (not hopeful though)

Thanks!

Dmitriy Kalinin

Sep 10, 2014, 11:22:33 PM9/10/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Do you have a microbosh & full bosh? bosh upload release debug log is from your micro to which you uploaded your bosh release (see at the end where it says uploaded bosh release successfully). that task succeeded.

Assuming answer is yes. What you want is to target your fullbosh and get debug task log from there.

Usually cf-release upload fails because there is not enough ephemeral or persistent disk is available. Now days cf-release is few GBs so you might want to increase disk sizes.

Craig Smith

Sep 10, 2014, 11:58:02 PM9/10/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Lol yup you nailed it, somehow I did not target my full bosh. Re-Running after targeting the correct director. I am kicking myself right now ;)

Craig Smith

Sep 11, 2014, 12:47:35 PM9/11/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
http://pastebin.com/3hB1ghTD <-- command and debug lines.

Ok, looks like this is definitely a space issue. What is the correct method to extend the disk sizes. Also do I just need to expand the director, or will I need to extend the blobstore as well?

Craig Smith

Sep 11, 2014, 1:08:56 PM9/11/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
I should mention, I am updating the bosh manifest to grow the director RP and and persistent disk to 12GB and 8GB respectively.

Dmitriy Kalinin

Sep 11, 2014, 6:59:06 PM9/11/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
You will need to increase ephemeral disk for the director and persistent disk for blobstore.

Director - unpacks things temporarily
Blobstore - stores unpacked things permanently