Problem in connection with openstack while running command bosh deploy

choudhar...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2014, 10:02:20 AM12/16/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi ,

I am using openstack havana setup with cf version 170.

I have installed the microbosh and the director from one machine and set the cf deployment file too .

I can also login into the bosh director through the defined key.

Below is my bosh status :-

bosh status
Config
             /root/.bosh_config

Director
  Name       firstbosh
  URL        https://169.144.105.123:25555
  Version    1.2427.0 (release:921db96c bosh:921db96c)
  User       admin
  UUID       bfc40e70-d285-4b54-bbf7-51e5483c6740
  CPI        openstack
  dns        enabled (domain_name: microbosh)
  compiled_package_cache disabled
  snapshots  disabled

Deployment
  Manifest   /var/vcap/systems/prod.yml

bosh releases

+------+----------+-------------+
| Name | Versions | Commit Hash |
+------+----------+-------------+
| cf   | 170      | 0c0c72c3+   |
+------+----------+-------------+

Following the output of the command bosh deploy :-

bosh deploy

Processing deployment manifest
------------------------------
Getting deployment properties from director...
Unable to get properties list from director, trying without it...
Compiling deployment manifest...
Cannot get current deployment information from director, possibly a new deployment
Please review all changes carefully

Deploying
---------
Deployment name: `prod.yml'
Director name: `firstbosh'
Are you sure you want to deploy? (type 'yes' to continue): yes

Director task 32
Error 100: Unable to connect to the OpenStack Image Service API. Check task debug log for details.

Task 32 error

I have also attached the log file of the bosh debug command... By seeing the problem its seems to be connection error but in microbosh i have given the correct entries that why openstack also launched the bosh machine.

 Any help would be appreciated.
x.out

choudhar...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2014, 10:37:21 AM12/16/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org, choudhar...@gmail.com
Following is the command output for gem list bosh

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

bosh-bootstrap (0.11.5)
bosh-director-core (1.2788.0)
bosh-registry (1.2788.0)
bosh-stemcell (1.2788.0)
bosh-template (1.2788.0)
bosh_aws_cpi (1.2788.0)
bosh_cli (1.2788.0)
bosh_cli_plugin_micro (1.2788.0)
bosh_common (1.2788.0)
bosh_cpi (1.2788.0)
bosh_openstack_cpi (1.2788.0)
bosh_vcloud_cpi (0.7.2)
bosh_vsphere_cpi (1.2788.0)

Dmitriy Kalinin

Dec 17, 2014, 6:54:15 PM12/17/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org, choudhar...@gmail.com
It seems that Director cannot access OpenStack APIs. I would recommend ssh-ing to the Director VM and trying to access openstack api via curl.

It also looks like there is a DNS resolution problem (first error). What does `host your-openstack-api.com` show?