community github organization

Dr Nic Williams

Jun 3, 2013, 2:03:17 PM6/3/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
For everyone's benefit and the health of the future of Cloud Foundry, I've transferred all my Cloud Foundry & bosh related repositories into a shared github organization:

This organization is for everyone if you'd like to use it.

Obviously you're as welcome as I was to put projects in your company account, personal account, or on a different SCM hosting company all together. I'll never think less of you*

But perhaps it'll be fun to put lots of it into one place so new people can find it all.

If you'd like:

* to create community projects
* get read/write access to all repos
* generally work together on CF related projects

then please reply with your github account and I'll add you.

I've used "cloudfoundry" in the org name and used the CF logo without permission. I should ask. I'll go do that now.

Thanks again to VMWare and now to Pivotal for sponsoring Cloud Foundry. It's tops.

Tally-ho,
Dr Nic

* Unless I find out you have some sweet sweet code at your workplace and you're not sharing or selling it :D

David Laing

Jun 3, 2013, 2:07:45 PM6/3/13
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
mrdavidlaing.

 Have the beginnings of a community wiki to contribute.

--
David Laing
Open source @ City Index - github.com/cityindex

Dr Nic Williams

Jun 3, 2013, 2:07:36 PM6/3/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Thanks to @github, all transferred projects will have their old repo URLs automatically redirect to the new repo URLs.
--
Dr Nic Williams
twitter @drnic

Dr Nic Williams

Jun 3, 2013, 2:17:00 PM6/3/13
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Awesome!

Dr Nic Williams

Jun 3, 2013, 2:22:52 PM6/3/13
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Ruben, mentioned on skype that we'll probably need a community blobstore for bosh releases (to upload the blobs from final releases). In the immediate term, I'll create a new AWS account for that purpose I guess.

Mike Heath

Jun 3, 2013, 4:13:52 PM6/3/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Sounds like a good home for my Java NATS client. My GitHub username is 'mheath'.

We're plowing through red tape to get additional CF projects open sourced that would be a good fit for this GitHub org. Thanks for doing this!

-Mike

Andy Bravery

Mar 12, 2014, 3:15:03 PM3/12/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi Dr Nic
Can you please add my Github account 'bravera' ?
We have a potential incubator proposal that I hope to be able to share very shortly.
Thanks
Andy Bravery
IBM

Dr Nic Williams

Mar 12, 2014, 3:52:43 PM3/12/14
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org, vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Done.

Sent from Mailbox for iPad

Julz Friedman

Mar 12, 2014, 8:17:04 PM3/12/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
me too please, my username is 'julz'

David Ehringer

Jul 31, 2014, 4:01:05 PM7/31/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Dr. Nic,

Do you mind adding username 'davidehringer' to the org?  I'd like to move https://github.com/davidehringer/s3-cf-service-broker there.

Thanks!

arthur halet

Aug 2, 2014, 11:41:41 AM8/2/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
I would like too, i'm currently contributing on container-info-buildpack made by David Laing, (i forked this repo: https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/container-info-buildpack ).
I didn't want to bother him cause i saw that it wasn't updated from 2013 and this buildpack is really useful (thanks to you David Laing) and i would  like to add some features. You can look at my repo: https://github.com/Orange-OpenSource/container-info-buildpack .
What i did for the moment is to make this buildpack "offline ready" by using buildpack-packager and compile-extension.
And i would like to:
  • document a little more what's done inside this buildpack and how to contribute
  • Make a web view to show the staging phase from a buildpack which is wrapped by container-info (by using stage_buildpack scrip)
  • Add login page
  • A view to help setting env var for wrapped buildpack
  • Run the wrapped buildpack (I'm thinking about catch env var PORT or VCAP_PORT and proxify with nginx)
I really would like to contribute to the main repo directly and share some projects with the community, so if you could add me to the cf-community.

arthur halet

Aug 2, 2014, 11:52:53 AM8/2/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
I would like too (my username "ArthurHlt", i'm currently contributing on container-info-buildpack made by David Laing, (i forked this repo: https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/container-info-buildpack ).
I didn't want to bother him cause i saw that it wasn't updated from 2013 and this buildpack is really useful (thanks to you David Laing) and i would  like to add some features. You can look at my repo: https://github.com/Orange-OpenSource/container-info-buildpack .
What i did for the moment is to make this buildpack "offline ready" by using buildpack-packager and compile-extension.
And i would like to:
  • document a little more what's done inside this buildpack and how to contribute
  • Make a web view to show the staging phase from a buildpack which is wrapped by container-info (by using stage_buildpack scrip)
  • Add login page
  • A view to help setting env var for wrapped buildpack
  • Run the wrapped buildpack (I'm thinking about catch env var PORT or VCAP_PORT and proxify with nginx)
I really would like to contribute to the main repo directly and share some projects with the community, so if you could add me to the cf-community, my username is "ArthurHlt".
Thanks.

James Bayer

Aug 2, 2014, 1:07:30 PM8/2/14
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org, vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
i added you arthur

Thank you,

James Bayer

da...@castlelaing.com

Aug 4, 2014, 4:00:35 AM8/4/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Arthur,

Thanks for being so polite!

Please, go ahead and merge https://github.com/Orange-OpenSource/container-info-buildpack into https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/container-info-buildpack - it looks like you have made lots of improvements!

:D

Andy

Mar 19, 2015, 1:11:39 AM3/19/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi Dr. Nic,

Could you please add me to this organization, my account is nguyendangminh

Thanks!
Andy

ronak banka

Mar 19, 2015, 1:57:21 AM3/19/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Hii my github account name is "ronakbanka". Dr. Nic can you add to org.

Regards

Longhui

Mar 19, 2015, 6:31:13 AM3/19/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org

Github account: WuLonghui

Thanks

Ioannis Polyzos

Mar 19, 2015, 7:59:45 AM3/19/15
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org, vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi Dr Nic

Could  you please add me also?, my  Github account is 'ipolyzos'

Regards,
Ioannis

Andy

Mar 25, 2015, 10:12:38 AM3/25/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Thanks, Dr Nic.

Chris Sterling

Mar 25, 2015, 2:13:11 PM3/25/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Thank you, Dr. Nic! I'd like to join. My Github username is csterwa.

morika-t

Mar 31, 2015, 1:00:50 AM3/31/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi! Dr. Nic
Can you please add me on org?
my github account  'morikat'.

2013年6月4日火曜日 3時03分17秒 UTC+9 Dr Nic Williams:

Dr Nic Williams

Mar 31, 2015, 1:03:45 AM3/31/15
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org, vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Done. Welcome everyone!

We just reached 100 people!!

Jian Huang

Mar 31, 2015, 11:08:37 AM3/31/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi Dr. Nic,

Can you please also add me. My github ID is alfred-huangjian
Thanks very much!

Best Regards,
Alfred

Andy

Mar 31, 2015, 11:36:32 AM3/31/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
I sent invitation to you.

Andy

Jian Huang

Mar 31, 2015, 12:03:28 PM3/31/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Thanks Andy!I have received the invitation and join it.

Nilesh Londhe

Mar 31, 2015, 12:12:40 PM3/31/15
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org, vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
please invite lvnilesh on github. thanks.

Andy

Mar 31, 2015, 12:14:44 PM3/31/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org, nil...@londhe.com
Invited you, Nilesh.

Andy

simon.j...@springer.com

Mar 31, 2015, 2:55:00 PM3/31/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org, nil...@londhe.com
And an invite for me aswell please!
simonjohansson on github.

Panfm

Mar 31, 2015, 8:55:38 PM3/31/15
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org, vcap...@cloudfoundry.org

Hi Dr. Nic,

My github ID is panfangmin2014, please invite me. Thanks!

在 2013年6月4日星期二 UTC+8上午2:03:17,Dr Nic Williams写道:

Deepak Vij

Apr 7, 2015, 7:13:09 PM4/7/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi Dr Nic, could you please add my Github account “Deepak-vij”. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Regards,

Deepak Vij