AWS as VPC

Mike Wright

Jun 14, 2012, 4:34:16 PM6/14/12
to bosh-dev
So we having been using the aws_cpi for bosh to deploy our CF
instance, but we are running into some security hastles (I mean, who
really wants to keep their data secure right). We were looking at
doing a vpc which would solve a few of the issues that we are facing
(including eips that are lost on shutdown and other stuff). However
we are wondering what the communities thoughts are on creating an
aws_vpc_cpi that would support vpcs.

Jeremy Voorhis

Jun 14, 2012, 10:11:49 PM6/14/12
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
It's a good idea, and I've been thinking of it as well. With VPC, you will need to manage a handful of VPC-specific networking constructs, such as internet gateways and routing tables. These are interdependent with other services such as NAT or a VPN server, which are deployed as EC2 instances. Deploying all of these services at the CPI layer while retaining the benefits of BOSH is an interesting challenge.

Jeremy Voorhis
Sr Engineer - appfog.com
@jvoorhis
+1 503.319.0075