[cc api] How to get routes for an app if "domains" apis are deprecated?

Dr Nic Williams

Mar 21, 2015, 8:41:13 PM3/21/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Currently (at least v204) the "Domains" APIs are marked deprecated.

But there are API results that reference these APIs that themselves aren't deprecated or seem to reference an alternate.

returns:

* host (the subdomain)
* domain_url (to get the root domain)

But the domain_url format is deprecated.

How should we be getting the list of routes mapped to an application?

Nic

--
Dr Nic Williams
twitter @drnic

James Myers

Mar 25, 2015, 7:28:20 PM3/25/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi Dr Nic,

You should be getting the list of routes mapped to an application through the `/v2/apps/:guid/routes` endpoint. You are right that the `domains_url` is presented in a deprecated format. Currently in order to get the root domain for a route you should be using either `/v2/shared_domains/:guid` or `/v2/private_domains/:guid` depending on the domain type.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have created a tracker story[1] to address this issue. Please follow its progress there.

Best,

Jim and Zak, CF Runtime Team