cf-release v204 is available

Dieu Cao

Mar 20, 2015, 8:47:59 PM3/20/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org

The cf-release v204 was released on March 19th, 2015

  • Note cf-release is now 5.1 GB. BOSH Director's nginx has a 5GB limit on upload size. If you are uploading cf-release into BOSH Director that has never before deployed cf, your upload will fail. Instructions for modifying this configuration on BOSH Director here. For BOSH-Litehere The buildpacks team has a skinny buildpacks epic that should help with this issue.

Runtime

  • Upgrading php buildpack to v3.1.0 details
  • Upgrading ruby buildpack to v1.3.0 details
  • Upgrading python buildpack to v1.2.0 details
  • Upgrading nodejs buildpack to v1.2.0 details
  • Upgrading go buildpack to v1.2.0 details
  • [Experimental] Work continues on support for Asynchronous Service Instance Operationsdetails
    • Bug fixed to prevent long-lived service instances from getting stuck in "update in progress" on bind or unbind details
  • [Experimental] Work continues on /v3 and Application Process Types details
  • [Experimental] Work continues on Route API details
  • [Experimental] Reverting ca-truster job for adding custom CA Certificates to the trust store on vms in cf-release
  • Recursive deletion of a space no longer aborts after first failure to delete a resource within (deleting all resources that can be deleted) and deletion of service instances and bindings are not rolled back, preventing orphans. Deletion of applications during recursive deletion of a space remains in a transaction; failure to delete one app will roll back deletion of all apps in the space.
  • You can now configure dea_next.allow_host_access property in cf-release manifest. details
    • This allows containers on the same host to be able to communicate with each other assuming security groups allow it.
  • Change v2 directory server port to 32766 details
  • Add -W interactive to awk so that it does not buffer writing to stdout/stderr details
  • Update rootfs blobs in cf-release. Addresses CVE-2014-9680 details
  • cloudfoundry/cf-release #635: Removing unnecessary meta.openstack in openstack stubdetails

Used Configuration

  • BOSH Version: 148
  • Stemcell Version: 2859
  • CC Api Version: 2.23.0

Commit summary

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release/releases/tag/v204

pblittle

Mar 27, 2015, 11:07:40 AM3/27/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Dieu,

This release introduces two new consul jobs that create an additional three instances to my deployment. I don't see any information regarding the consul addition in the release notes. Are the consul jobs part of the minimal install? I didn't see them in `minimal-aws.yml`, just wanted to make sure.

Thank you,

Barrett

Dieu Cao

Mar 27, 2015, 11:45:06 AM3/27/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
For now, you can set the instance count for the consul job to 0.
This job will be required for Diego to work, and for the new Route API.
It will then need to be run as 1 instance or 3 instances across 3 zones.

-Dieu

Phil Whelan

Mar 27, 2015, 1:03:53 PM3/27/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi Dieu,

Is there any other info on how Consul is used for Diego? I cannot find a mention on the diego-design-docs...

Cheers,
Phil

Onsi Fakhouri

Mar 27, 2015, 1:23:05 PM3/27/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
We use Consul for service discovery (via DNS).  The CC and CC-Bridge communicate over HTTP and discover one another via consul.

We're also going to start using Consul for distributed locking.

Onsi