Bosh Jobs Vs Errand

suraksha...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2015, 5:43:29 PM4/20/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Wanted to see if there was a way we could use bosh job when the use case is just
deploying a cloud foundry application.
Based on the documentation, it will invoke the job with start command, the process
will refresh the application, when processes finishes the pid linked to the process will
be gone and bosh will try and call the start again.
We would just like to refresh the application only once, is Errand a better option for this
use case?

Cornelia Davis

Apr 20, 2015, 6:40:28 PM4/20/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Yes, that is exactly what errands are for.

Suraksha Vidyarthi

Apr 20, 2015, 8:36:50 PM4/20/15
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org

Is there an option in job configuration that it should be executed only once?

Thanks

Suraksha Vidyarthi
IBM Bluemix BSS Team
IBM Corporation
1001 Hillsdale Blvd
Foster City - CA 94404

Inactive hide details for Cornelia Davis ---04/20/2015 03:41:34 PM---Yes, that is exactly what errands are for. On Mon, Apr 20,Cornelia Davis ---04/20/2015 03:41:34 PM---Yes, that is exactly what errands are for. On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 2:43 PM, <surakshavidyarthi@gmail

James Bayer

Apr 21, 2015, 2:13:29 AM4/21/15
to bosh-users
errands are executed only once and have an exit code
--
Thank you,

James Bayer