Bosh & Cf release & Properties

gwenn.e...@rakops.com

Jul 6, 2014, 9:59:51 PM7/6/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi,

I manage to deploy CF V2 using bosh behind a firewall and using a proxy.
So in my bosh manifest I put the env property

properties:
  env:
    no_proxy: "127.0.0.1"

But it's seems this is not in the final ctl of the CC.

Do you have any idea why ?
Thanks

dmi...@pivotallabs.com

Jul 8, 2014, 1:37:51 AM7/8/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org, gwenn.e...@rakops.com
Please provide some additional details:

- Did you deployment successfully finish?
- Which cf-release version are you using?
- Which BOSH director and stemcell versions are you using?
- Is `properties.env` section scoped globally or under a specific job in your deployment manifest?
- Are there any values that do get successfully interpolated in the final ctl script?
- Since CC ctl script does not contain any sensitive info could you attach it below?

Thank you,
-dk

gwenn.e...@rakops.com

Jul 10, 2014, 5:00:38 AM7/10/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org, gwenn.e...@rakops.com, dmi...@pivotallabs.com
hi thanks for your reply,

- Did you deployment successfully finish?
==> Yes the deployment is succesfull done.
- Which cf-release version are you using?
==> 173
- Which BOSH director and stemcell versions are you using?
==> Director :  Version    1.2611.0 (00000000)
==> Stemcell: bosh-stemcell-2611-vsphere-esxi-ubuntu-lucid-go_agent
- Is `properties.env` section scoped globally or under a specific job in your deployment manifest?
==> Yes is globaly
- Are there any values that do get successfully interpolated in the final ctl script?
==> Yes all others values

- Since CC ctl script does not contain any sensitive info could you attach it below?
==> Ok let me some time I need redeploy :/

Thanks you gwenn

gwenn.e...@rakops.com

Jul 10, 2014, 10:32:24 PM7/10/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org, gwenn.e...@rakops.com, dmi...@pivotallabs.com
Here my cloudcontroller ctl

#!/bin/bash

export CC_JOB_DIR=/var/vcap/jobs/cloud_controller_ng
export PATH=/var/vcap/packages/ruby/bin:$PATH

CC_PACKAGE_DIR=/var/vcap/packages/cloud_controller_ng

RUN_DIR=/var/vcap/sys/run/cloud_controller_ng
LOG_DIR=/var/vcap/sys/log/cloud_controller_ng
PIDFILE=$RUN_DIR/cloud_controller_ng.pid

export CONFIG_DIR=$CC_JOB_DIR/config
export CLOUD_CONTROLLER_NG_CONFIG=$CONFIG_DIR/cloud_controller_ng.yml
export BUNDLE_GEMFILE=$CC_PACKAGE_DIR/cloud_controller_ng/Gemfile
export HOME=/home/vcap # rake needs it to be set to run tasks
export TMPDIR=/var/vcap/data/cloud_controller_ng/tmp

export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/var/vcap/packages/libpq/include:$C_INCLUDE_PATH
export LIBRARY_PATH=/var/vcap/packages/libpq/lib:$LIBRARY_PATH
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

source /var/vcap/packages/common/utils.sh

case $1 in

  start)
    pid_guard $PIDFILE "Cloud controller ng"

    mkdir -p $RUN_DIR
    mkdir -p $LOG_DIR
    mkdir -p $TMPDIR

    chown vcap:vcap $RUN_DIR
    chown vcap:vcap $LOG_DIR
    chown vcap:vcap $TMPDIR

    source $CC_JOB_DIR/bin/handle_nfs_or_local_blobstore.sh

    # Configure the core file location
    mkdir -p /var/vcap/sys/cores
    chown vcap:vcap /var/vcap/sys/cores
    echo /var/vcap/sys/cores/core-%e-%s-%p-%t > /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern

    ulimit -c unlimited

    /var/vcap/packages/syslog_aggregator/setup_syslog_forwarder.sh $CONFIG_DIR

    # Run the migrations only on the first CC launch

      cd $CC_PACKAGE_DIR/cloud_controller_ng
      chpst -u vcap:vcap bundle exec rake db:migrate

      if [ $? != 0 ]; then
        echo "Migrations failed"
        exit 1
      fi

      # TODO: remove the -m when we have a stand alone utility for loading
      # frameworks etc, and call those utilities here.  See corresponding
      # comments in cc runner.
      exec chpst -u vcap:vcap $CC_PACKAGE_DIR/cloud_controller_ng/bin/cloud_controller -m \
        -c $CLOUD_CONTROLLER_NG_CONFIG
    ;;

  stop)
    kill_and_wait $PIDFILE
    ;;

  *)
    echo "Usage: cloud_controller_ng_ctl {start|stop}"
    ;;

esac