[ruby agent question] monit not starting after cck/resurrection

Dr Nic Williams

Jul 8, 2014, 10:39:12 PM7/8/14
to bosh-users
I'm running bosh-aws-xen-ubuntu-lucid/2624 and today I both ran "bosh cck" and resurrection on a deployment where the VM had been manually terminated. The job VM was replaced but its status was "failing". Upon investigation, monit had not begun starting job processes.

Any ideas why this is happening? Regression in ruby agent? (which I assume hasn't been touched so not sure about regressions) A bad config in my BOSH?

Nic

--
Dr Nic Williams
twitter @drnic

Karl Isenberg

Jul 9, 2014, 12:38:02 PM7/9/14
to bosh-...@cloudfoundry.org
Can you provide sanitized BOSH Agent log from /var/vcap/bosh/log/current?

We've not changed ruby agent for a long time so it's unlikely it's a new bug.

-Karl & Dmitriy

Dr Nic Williams

Jul 10, 2014, 5:48:41 PM7/10/14
to bosh-users
Thanks Karl. I came across another resurrected VM today that did not re-start monit processes.