post-vm boot agent installation & bare metal bosh Q

Wayne E. Seguin

Apr 8, 2015, 11:35:48 AM4/8/15
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi Dmitriy,

Tried asking this in the CAB call via the chat web app but I didn't get a response so I'll ask my question here:

Is there any news/updates about:
1.  post-vm boot agent installation
2. and related "bare metal bosh"

Thanks,

  ~Wayne

Dmitriy Kalinin

Apr 8, 2015, 1:08:05 PM4/8/15
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
We have not investigated further into supporting bare metal BOSH deployments, though it did come up multiple times over the past month.

Regarding "post vm boot agent installation": are you running into some problems installing bosh-agent on pre-created VMs?

Wayne E. Seguin

Apr 8, 2015, 2:17:25 PM4/8/15
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
Aha! Can you point me to documentation to the effect of installing the agent on pre-created vms and registering them with a director? I think that might be the missing link for what I was looking for.

Dmitriy Kalinin

Apr 8, 2015, 6:44:54 PM4/8/15
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org
To clarify, there is no registration step; however you could create SSH CPI that operates on some existing hosts via SSH and places the agent with certain configuration. There is no documentation covering this topic.