Community comment period for the foundation's Code of Conduct

Chip Childers

Feb 6, 2015, 1:25:09 PM2/6/15
to BOSH Developers, BOSH Users, Cloud Foundry Developers
Hi all,

A working group of foundation board members and designees recently completed drafting a Community Code of Conduct document that we want to share with everyone.

The foundation wants to be sure that this community is a welcoming environment for anyone that wants to participate, and as part of that, we recognize that this is really *your* community. So in that light, we would like to open up this document for public comment to be sure it meets your needs.

The document is shared here:

I've opened up permissions so that anyone is able to add comments to the document. You're free to provide feedback in either the document itself, or by replying to this thread directly. You can also feel free to email me directly (cchilders at cloudfoundry.org) if you wish to provide feedback confidentially.

We will leave the comment period open until Friday, February 20th. After that, the working group will review the comments and make any necessary changes to the draft before sending it to the board for ratification.

Thanks!

-chip

--
Chip Childers | Technology Chief of Staff | Cloud Foundry Foundation

Chip Childers

Feb 9, 2015, 2:58:39 PM2/9/15
to BOSH Developers, BOSH Users, Cloud Foundry Developers
Since this was sent on a Friday, here's a little poke to be sure that everyone has seen this...

Dr Nic Williams

Feb 9, 2015, 3:03:09 PM2/9/15
to bosh...@cloudfoundry.org, BOSH Developers, BOSH Users, Cloud Foundry Developers
Is this doc interesting/different from other communities' CoC?

Chip Childers

Feb 9, 2015, 3:09:24 PM2/9/15
On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Dr Nic Williams <drnicw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is this doc interesting/different from other communities' CoC?

It took sections / approaches from several different CoC's in use in other OSS projects, but I'd say that it's not *particularly* different. The intent is that we ensure that any CF touchpoint is a welcoming environment.

-chip

Chip Childers

Feb 20, 2015, 3:22:34 PM2/20/15
to BOSH Developers, BOSH Users, Cloud Foundry Developers
Thanks to those that reviewed and commented. All comments have been incorporated or responded to now, and we'll pass this along to the board to make it official.