CF Community Plugins Repo open for submission

Simon Leung

Feb 7, 2015, 2:12:45 PM2/7/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. The CLI team is ready to release the Plugin Repository feature soon. With this release, users are able to list and install community plugins from the CLI.

We are now looking for open source plugins that can help and benefit the community. Anyone who wish to include their open source plugin in the Community Repository can follow the instruction at the github repo. Once accepted, your plugins will be by default available for viewing and installing by all CLI users with v6.10.0+. All the community plugins will be listed at http://plugins.cloudfoundry.org

Submission instruction: http://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/cli-plugin-repo

You will need the edge release of the CLI in order to use the newest commands to list and install plugins, see 'cf help' for all the new commands. Go to the Downloads section of https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli for edge release.

Cheers,
Simon Leung & Jonathan Berkhahn
CF CLI Development

Greg Oehmen

Feb 9, 2015, 8:08:04 PM2/9/15
to vcap-dev
Hey All:

Currently, we have a dummy plugin listed at plugins.cloudfoundry.org but will replace that when we start getting PRs for plugin inclusion.

We hope to hear from Long Nyugen about including the 'seed' plugin and the 'open' plugin, Dan Higham about the cf-live-stats plugin and others!

We are also open to hearing feedback about the experience - documentation, CLI experience, Repository experience, any and all feedback.  PRs are welcome, documentation for the Windows side of the house is welcome, etc.

Best

Greg Oehmen
Cloud Foundry Product Manager