Help with Hive Action

Benjamin Kim

Nov 30, 2012, 11:02:17 PM11/30/12
to hue-...@cloudera.org
Can someone instruct me on how to setup Hue Oozie for using a Hive Action in a workflow?

Thanks,
Ben

Benjamin Kim

Dec 2, 2012, 12:07:38 AM12/2/12
to hue-...@cloudera.org
I would like to add that I have put the mysql-connector-java jar in the /user/oozie/share/lib/hive hdfs folder along with a custom unzipping inputformat jar and a csv serde jar. Plus, I have put the hive-site.xml file in the workflow folder and set the properties for oozie.hive.defaults and job-xml for the hive action with the path to the hive-site.xml file.

Still, I cannot get the hive action to use the hive-site.xml configurations. It will only work if I manually enter the same configurations for the job properties. I noticed that the workflow file after saving and submitting does not have the job-xml element in it.

Benjamin Kim

Dec 2, 2012, 9:32:27 PM12/2/12
to hue-...@cloudera.org
Ah! A bug.

https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/HUE-952

Hope it gets resolved soon. I need job-xml to work.

Cheers!

Romain Rigaux

Dec 3, 2012, 1:08:45 PM12/3/12
to Benjamin Kim, hue-...@cloudera.org
Yes, I tried with a fix locally and it worked fine! I am also going to update the Hive example too.

Romain

Benjamin Kim

Dec 3, 2012, 1:58:14 PM12/3/12
to hue-...@cloudera.org, Benjamin Kim
Hi Romain,

When will the patch be available? It's a pain to keep entering configuration values.

Thanks,
Ben

Romain Rigaux

Dec 3, 2012, 7:00:11 PM12/3/12