JIRA permission for contributors

Saisai Shao

Sep 8, 2016, 2:50:07 AM9/8/16
to Livy Development
Hi team,

I would like to know the JIRA permission for contributors, for me I can only create JIRA and add comments, cannot edit, change any item. I'm not sure if this is expected for contributors, or just an exception for me.

Thanks
Jerry

Marcelo Vanzin

Sep 8, 2016, 12:51:54 PM9/8/16
to Saisai Shao, Livy Development
Done, you should be able to do more stuff now.
> --

Marcelo

Saisai Shao

Sep 8, 2016, 11:22:16 PM9/8/16
to Marcelo Vanzin, Livy Development
Thanks a lot Marcelo.

--
Marcelo

Alex Bozarth

Feb 16, 2017, 7:17:36 PM2/16/17
to Livy Development
Found this old thread, any chance you could do the same for Alan Chin, Jon Alter and myself, we've been digging through JIRAs but our hands are similarly tied.

Marcelo Vanzin

Feb 16, 2017, 7:20:21 PM2/16/17
to Alex Bozarth, Livy Development
Done.

Alex Bozarth

Feb 20, 2017, 5:21:58 PM2/20/17
to Livy Development, ajbo...@us.ibm.com
Thanks for the quick response last week, but after a couple work days I'm not seeing any difference. Still can only create, comment, or link.

On a related note, when I mention users in JIRA comments it doesn't seem to be linking to them (in the same way apache jira does).

Thanks,
Alex

Marcelo Vanzin

Feb 21, 2017, 12:23:36 PM2/21/17
On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Alex Bozarth <ajbo...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response last week, but after a couple work days I'm
> not seeing any difference. Still can only create, comment, or link.

Ok, I added you guys to a different role now. There are way too many
roles in that project. :-/

> On a related note, when I mention users in JIRA comments it doesn't seem to
> be linking to them (in the same way apache jira does).

If you're asking about auto-complete, this is something I asked our IT
guys to fix and for whatever reason they don't want to...

--
Marcelo

Alex Bozarth

Feb 21, 2017, 1:33:08 PM2/21/17
to Livy Development, ajbo...@us.ibm.com
Thanks, that worked. As for the linking, since the autocomplete doesn't work does that mean there's no way to mention someone in a JIRA comment then?

Marcelo Vanzin

Feb 21, 2017, 1:40:25 PM2/21/17
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Alex Bozarth <ajbo...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Thanks, that worked. As for the linking, since the autocomplete doesn't work
> does that mean there's no way to mention someone in a JIRA comment then?

That I don't know. I can't test either because they enabled
auto-complete for my user... :-/

--
Marcelo