Need feedback: Livy Web UI [LIVY-87]

Alex Bozarth

Apr 3, 2017, 3:15:59 PM4/3/17
to Livy Development
I've written up a POC for a Web UI for Livy as opened in https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/LIVY-87

Before moving forward with more work I'd like some feedback on my POC code. I'm specifically looking for feedback on whether we still want a UI, if my implementation is going in a good direction, and what specific utility do we want from a Web UI. I've attached a doc with some of my plan, thoughts, and notes on the JIRA and my POC code can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/ajbozarth/livy/tree/livy-ui

I'd really love feedback specifically from Alex and Jeff as committers.

Thanks,
Alex Bozarth
Spark Technology Center

yas...@groupon.com

Jun 2, 2017, 12:30:12 PM6/2/17
to Livy Development
Hi Alex,

I am a backend engineer at Groupon. We are using Livy-0.3.0 to submit our spark apps and feel it would be definitely helpful if there could be a web UI working along with the Livy APIs.
I go over your JIRAs and wonder if you would like to share some deployment instructions of the front-end web interface somewhere, please?

Much appreciated!
Yang Song

Alex Bozarth

Jun 2, 2017, 4:16:34 PM6/2/17
to Livy Development, yas...@groupon.com
Hi Yang,

The Web UI is still under development and only a small portion has been merged to master (0.4.0-SNAPSHOT) so far. My goal is to finish development and include the UI as part of Livy 0.4.0. If you want to try out the AllSessions page that has already been merged you can checkout the master branch of Livy where the UI is currently enabled by default, but that branch is still in development and not yet released.

Alex Bozarth
Spark Technology Center