Is there a step by step document on how to use solr search on HUE?

Zhang Ruiqiang

Jun 1, 2016, 11:54:57 AM6/1/16
to hue-...@cloudera.org
Hi all:
    My HUE version is 3.9, and my solr version is 5.3.
    When I install the Solr example of HUE, there is a "ClassNotFoundException: solr.IntField' error in Solr's log. I have configed solr server url in hue.ini. Is there any other configurations I have to set?

Thanks!

Romain Rigaux

Jun 1, 2016, 1:02:52 PM6/1/16
to Zhang Ruiqiang, hue-...@cloudera.org
You would need to patch Hue with https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/HUE-3348

Zhang Ruiqiang

Jun 2, 2016, 1:17:51 PM6/2/16
to Romain Rigaux, hue-...@cloudera.org
Hi Romain:
    Thanks for you replication.
    I modified the source code following https://review.cloudera.org/r/7095/  .
    But then, I ran into another error: "org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'twitter_demo_shard1_replica1':Unable to create core [twitter_demo_shard1_replica1] Caused by:You must set the HdfsDirectoryFactory param solr.hdfs.home for relative dataDir paths to work" .
    Do you know what cause this error?
    BTW, I found some erros in  https://review.cloudera.org/r/7095/diff/#  . It should be "TrieLongField" nor "TriLongField" as well as "TriFloatField" etc.

Thanks!

Romain Rigaux

Jun 6, 2016, 6:47:23 PM6/6/16
to Zhang Ruiqiang, hue-...@cloudera.org
Ha! Indeed, thanks I just fixed and pushed https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/HUE-3348

About "Caused by:You must set the HdfsDirectoryFactory param solr.hdfs.home for relative dataDir paths to work", are you sure that your Solr is configured for Solr cloud and HDFS? (default in CDH, not sure if not using CDH)