Suggestion on Hue UX

Gui Passero

Oct 29, 2021, 4:05:55 AM10/29/21
to hue-...@cloudera.org
Hi Hue team,

I've been using Hue since last week and I find it a very helpful tool. Thank you for providing it to us developers!

I used the Notebook option today and I submitted a complex query to run, then I noticed the 'Job Browser' tab showed there were jobs running.
Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 10.01.14.png
That caught my attention, so I clicked in Job Browser to see the status of my job. When I tried to come back to Notebook I lost the queries I sent earlier - a new notebook was created.

Would it be possible to go back to the previous notebook? If not, I think it'd be super helpful to either open the job browser at a new page or show a warning so users know they will lose their current notebook.

I hope this helps improve Hue.

Best regards,
Gui Passero
Developer
Booking.com
Making it easier for everyone
to experience the world.

Gui Passero

Oct 29, 2021, 4:48:20 AM10/29/21
to hue-...@cloudera.org
Hi Hue team,

Here's another question related to the previous one:

I'm trying to see the output of the job I triggered earlier. I follow the instructions in the Hue docs from this link

but I can't find an 'Output' option as it is mentioned in the section 'Viewing Job Output'. Maybe this is a bug?

Best regards,
Gui Passero