HUE 4.1 Hive Query History Results limited to 100?

David Scarlatti

Jun 4, 2018, 1:02:00 PM6/4/18
to Hue-Users
Hi, we just moved from HUE 3 to HUE 4.1. We are learning the new interface and there is something I'm not sure if has gone... In HIVE Query Editor "Query History" I see very recent queries with the green tick and when I click on them they are retrieved and in the results Tab I can see only 100 rows. In the past we can retrieve the whole resultset. Now the only option we see is to run the query again, which seems a big drawback.

Are there a way to see the whole resultset?

May it had to do with Hive server and not HUE?

Thanks a lot!

Romain Rigaux

Jun 4, 2018, 5:49:43 PM6/4/18
to david.s...@gmail.com, Hue-Users
Are you sure you are on 4.1?

The pagination was missing in 4.0 but added back in https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/HUE-6143

image.png

David Scarlatti

Jun 5, 2018, 1:22:56 AM6/5/18
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
Hi Romain, problem is not with the list of queries, we have pagination, we see a lot of old queries.
When we choose one query NOT expired, the results presented intermediately are only 100 rows from the original results. The "Results"  tab has as records count (100+) and we can not retrieve more results unless we re-run the query again.

Thanks!

-----
David.

David Scarlatti

Jun 5, 2018, 3:22:40 AM6/5/18
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
Attached you see a query with 776 records result. In the query history it has not expired (I just wait 18 minutes, it has the green tick). I click on the query to retrieve it, and  the resuts has only 100 records, the count says (100+) and no way to get new records...

--
-----
David.

David Scarlatti

Jun 5, 2018, 3:27:44 AM6/5/18
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
And as you can see in the screenshot  the "download" button for results has disappeared... (I've just realized).

--
-----
David.

David Scarlatti

Jun 5, 2018, 4:05:12 AM6/5/18
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
I sow this in the log....

10:03:28 AM ERROR decorators
Error running <function fetch_result_size at 0x7f3392e48488>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.14.2-1.cdh5.14.2.p0.3/lib/hue/desktop/libs/notebook/src/notebook/decorators.py", line 97, in decorator
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.14.2-1.cdh5.14.2.p0.3/lib/hue/desktop/libs/notebook/src/notebook/api.py", line 260, in fetch_result_size
    response['result'] = get_api(request, snippet).fetch_result_size(notebook, snippet)
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.14.2-1.cdh5.14.2.p0.3/lib/hue/desktop/libs/notebook/src/notebook/connectors/hiveserver2.py", line 82, in decorator
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.14.2-1.cdh5.14.2.p0.3/lib/hue/desktop/libs/notebook/src/notebook/connectors/hiveserver2.py", line 321, in fetch_result_size
    raise QueryError(_('Result status is not available'))
QueryError

--
-----
David.

David Scarlatti

Jun 8, 2018, 11:32:04 AM6/8/18
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
Hi Any idea about what can be causing this error?

Thanks.

--
-----
David.

David Scarlatti

Jun 9, 2018, 8:48:05 AM6/9/18
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
I deployed a stand alone HUE 4.1 and pointed to same Hive server and works fine... it seems is a problem with the HUE packaged in CDH 5.14.2.

--
-----
David.

David Scarlatti

Jun 11, 2018, 9:58:17 AM6/11/18
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
I deployed a stand alone HUE 4.2 and pointed to same Hive server and "Result available" queries in the history can be retrieved for download but you can not view more than 100 records... going down in the result table does not retrieve more records...

-----
David.

--
-----