per-container env vars?

craig.macde...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2015, 9:06:41 AM7/7/15
to kitte...@cloudera.org
Hi,

In the kitten Lua files, I see there is a commands, which I understand allows a different command to be run on each instance?

Is it possible to amend the environment for each container instance?

MTIA

Craig

Josh Wills

Jul 7, 2015, 2:38:53 PM7/7/15
to craig.macde...@gmail.com, kitte...@cloudera.org
Hey Craig,

Yeah, per container env variables are fine; if you want to have lots of containers that all have a slightly different setting for the env variable, you'll want to use the "containers" arg in the yarn configuration instead of the "container" arg, where "containers" is an array of tables, one for each kind of container you want to launch. The "container" arg is a shorthand for the situation where all of your containers for an application are configured the same way.

I hope that made sense. :)

Director of Data Science
Twitter: @josh_wills

craig.macde...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2015, 6:28:52 PM7/7/15
to kitte...@cloudera.org, craig.macde...@gmail.com
Great, that makes sense. Onto my next question ;-)