Hue and Spark jobservers

Nick Travers

Jun 24, 2016, 12:41:02 AM6/24/16
to Hue-Users
Hi all - I'm trying to understand a little more about whether the latest builds of Hue allow for communication with a Spark Jobserver other that Livy?

It appears as though older versions of Hue could connect directly to a Spark master on port 7077:

In the current version, I only see Livy as the interface for the Spark workbooks:

Can someone shed some more light on this?

Thanks!
- nick

Romain Rigaux

Jun 24, 2016, 11:21:36 AM6/24/16
to Nick Travers, Hue-Users
Spark master address was when Hue was submitting spark jobs only via Oozie. Now it supports it via Livy (and soon will be better integrated in the Editor).