Hue Sentry privilege to access another users home directory

r.m...@plenium.com

Oct 23, 2017, 5:23:51 PM10/23/17
to Hue-Users
Hi, I have CDH 5.12.x and Hue 4.x running with Sentry enabled. I need to grant a particular Hue group groupxyz access to read files in a set of users home directories within Hue. What is the right way to setup the privileges in the Hue Security app. I am getting some errors like below when trying to give the privileges in Security app FILE ACLs to r_x to the Hue Group groupxyz .

AccessControlException: Permission denied. user=hive is not the owner of inode=username