Hue Oozie SLA Mismatch from notification vs actual run/finish time in Hue

Kevin Peng

Aug 26, 2016, 12:58:55 PM8/26/16
to Hue-Users
Hi All,

I am running into confusion with the SLA with oozie in Hue.  I am seeing a mismatch in the time that hue states that a workflow runs and complete versus email notification on SLA misses.  I have set up a specific workflow with a coordinator that is scheduled to run everyday at 15:30 and 16:30 GMT.  I have enabled SLA notification in the coordinator setting the following parameters:
Nominal Time: ${nominal_time}
Should Start: ${60 * MINUTES}
Duration: ${60 * MINUTES}
Alert Events: start_miss, duration_miss

For a specific run recently I got the SLA Start miss notification:

  SLA Status - START_MISS

  Job Status - WAITING

Job Details:

  App Type - COORDINATOR_ACTION

  Job ID - 0000232-160817212356434-oozie-oozi-C@16

SLA Details:

  Nominal Time - Thu Aug 18 20:05:00 GMT 2016

  Expected Start Time - Thu Aug 18 21:05:00 GMT 2016

  Expected End Time - Thu Aug 18 20:35:00 GMT 2016

  Expected Duration (in mins) - 60

  Actual Duration (in mins) - -1

But when going into HUE and look at run 16 I see this:

LogsIdNameTypeStatusExternal IdStart TimeEnd TimeError CodeError MessageTransitionData
0001987-160817212356434-oozie-oozi-W@subworkflow-1ed4subworkflow-1ed4sub-workflowOK0001988-160817212356434-oozie-oozi-WFri, 26 Aug 2016 15:30:00Fri, 26 Aug 2016 15:32:52subworkflow-f644
0001987-160817212356434-oozie-oozi-W@subworkflow-f644subworkflow-f644sub-workflowOK0001989-160817212356434-oozie-oozi-WFri, 26 Aug 2016 15:32:52Fri, 26 Aug 2016 15:34:27
The workflow actually started on time.  Also I am not sure where the nominal time in SLA is coming from, I would assume it would be around 15:30 instead of 20:05.  Not sure if I am completely missing something.

CDH Version: 5.7.2
Hue Version: 3.9

Romain Rigaux

Sep 7, 2016, 8:54:38 AM9/7/16
to Kevin Peng, Hue-Users
Usually this is because Oozie coordinator times are strictly UTC. In recent version Hue picks up the local timezone of the user in the Browser and does the date conversions.