No databases are available. Permissions could be missing.

simran kaur

Sep 30, 2016, 11:37:49 AM9/30/16
to Hue-Users

My admin user for hue I believe is the default one 'hue' which belongs to default group. I was able to create roles and permissions in hue for sentry tables. But, all I can see there is 'server1'. No databases no tables when I am trying to created roles and permissions to sentry tables. Only server1 is what I get there.

Now I go back to hive query editor. I cannot see any databases or tables. I though trying to execute

grant all on server server1 to role hive;

would help. But  no matter what I try, Hive query editor always throws an error

No databases are available. Permissions could be missing.

I was trying it all with hue user. So, after reading a bit , I created a group hive in hue and then a user hive which I assigned to hive group and made it a super user in 'manage users and groups'.

I expected this to be able to access the databases at least but it does not see any databases either. How do I grant permission to the first user if none of the users can can see databases unless a user is assigned permission to do it?

A snapshot:

Now, for some reason I can see the list of databases on the right sidebar but nothing in the query editor. I keep getting the same error

Romain Rigaux

Oct 2, 2016, 3:07:55 PM10/2/16
to simran kaur, Hue-Users
First, if you login as 'hive' in Hue, can you see all the tables?

simran kaur

Oct 2, 2016, 3:16:03 PM10/2/16
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
No. I can't even see databases.

Romain Rigaux

Oct 2, 2016, 3:19:56 PM10/2/16
to simran kaur, Hue-Users
If you can't see anything when logging in as the 'hive' user in Hue, it means your Sentry setup is incorrect. It would recommend to look at the Sentry and Cloudera Manager forums about how to setup Sentry properly.

simran kaur

Oct 9, 2016, 3:53:25 AM10/9/16
to Hue-Users