How to retrieve results remotely

Vivek Suvarna

Nov 17, 2016, 3:00:14 AM11/17/16
to Hue-Users
I'm trying to execute a simple pi.py file on the remote cluster and want to print the results back on the console.
get batches command only returns id, state and log.

How do I get the result back from the remote cluster execution.

my get command is as follows
statement_url = http://<hadoop cluster edge node>:port/batches/<sessionid>/log
I'm using the python requests module as below
r = requests.get(statement_url, headers=headers)

the response json only gives me id, log and state.

If I execute the same command on the cluster directly it prints out the result on the console.

My use case is that I need to execute jobs on the remote cluster and return results back

Vivek Suvarna

Nov 17, 2016, 3:02:50 AM11/17/16
to Hue-Users

Apologies, forgot to mention that I'm trying to run this via Livy server.