Re: No databases are available. Permissions could be missing in hive query editor

Romain Rigaux

Sep 29, 2016, 9:10:52 AM9/29/16
to simranka...@gmail.com, Hue-Users

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Romain Rigaux <rom...@cloudera.com> wrote:
Which Hadoop are you using? Do you have existing hive users and groups on all the machines at the Unix level?

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:52 AM, <simranka...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have made the suggested configurations and enabled sentry. Now,

I created a user in hue 'hive' and assigned it to a group I created manually 'hive'

Create following privilege for the group hive :

server=server1  db=facebook  table=insights  action=SELECT

But no matter what I try to execute, I always get:

No databases are available. Permissions could be missing in hive query editor

in hive editor in hue.

Could I please get some pointers on this?