Livy Spark Job Server Startup

Benjamin Kim

Nov 20, 2015, 1:18:01 PM11/20/15
to Hue-Users
I have a few questions on starting the Livy server in CDH5.4.8.
  1. What user should I use to start the Livy server?
  2. Is this the right sequence to run for starting up the Livy server?
    1. sudo su
    2. HUE_CONF_DIR=/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/`ls -alrt /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process | grep HUE | tail -1 | awk '{print $9}'`
    3. export HUE_CONF_DIR
    4. su hue
    5. ${HUE_HOME_DIR}/build/env/bin/hue livy_server &
    6. disown
  3. Is there an argument to allow Livy to pass the user to YARN?
  4. Is there an argument to set the YARN pool to run under?
Thanks,
Ben

Romain Rigaux

Nov 23, 2015, 2:53:34 AM11/23/15
to Benjamin Kim, Hue-Users
#1 It does not matter ('hue' is recommended for now), just the user should be added in the hadoop proxy user list if you are using impersonation

#2 Yes, something like this will keep i by using the configuration entered in CM

#3 Look for the 'proxyUser' parameter https://github.com/cloudera/hue/tree/master/apps/spark/java#request-body

#4 'queue' parameter?

Romain

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 12:52 AM, Benjamin Kim <bbui...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a few questions on starting the Livy server in CDH5.4.8.
  1. What user should I use to start the Livy server?
  2. Is this the right sequence to run for starting up the Livy server?
    1. HUE_CONF_DIR=/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/`ls -alrt /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process | grep HUE | tail -1 | awk '{print $9}'`
    1. ./build/env/bin/hue livy_server &
    2. disown
  1. Is there an argument to allow Livy to pass the user to YARN?
  2. Is there an argument to set the YARN pool to run under?
    Thanks,
    Ben