S3 Connection

Miguel Moraleja

Sep 8, 2016, 8:26:57 AM9/8/16
to Hue-Users
Hi

Is it possible to connect with S3 to read parquet files in version Hue 3.10?

I have found this documentation in AWS but I am not able to connect: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/ReleaseGuide/emr-hue-s3-metastore.html

Thanks

Romain Rigaux

Sep 8, 2016, 9:49:54 AM9/8/16
to Miguel Moraleja, Hue-Users
I am not sure about the S3 browsing in the latest EMR version (was there in 4 I think), but in the very latest Hue itself it is implemented: http://gethue.com/introducing-s3-support-in-hue/

Currently Hue can read parquet file (I think it might need the snappy lib http://gethue.com/visualize-snappy-compressed-avro-files/) but small one and no v1.1 (but it is currently being worked on https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/HUE-4726)

Miguel Moraleja

Sep 12, 2016, 5:53:09 AM9/12/16
to Hue-Users, miguelm...@gmail.com
Thanks Romain.

Problem is that when I set up a database in Hue with location is S3, I get this error:

Cannot access: s3 Note: you are a Hue admin but not a HDFS superuser, "hdfs" or part of HDFS supergroup

Is there anything I can do for solving this?
Thanks
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to hue-user+u...@cloudera.org.

Romain Rigaux

Sep 12, 2016, 10:36:24 AM9/12/16
to Miguel Moraleja, Hue-Users
Which Hue are you using?
What is your configuration?

Miguel Moraleja

Sep 13, 2016, 6:44:57 AM9/13/16
to Hue-Users, miguelm...@gmail.com
Hi Romain

It was not a problem of Hue, but a problem of Hive when creating external tables with partitions. Somehow, hive does not recognize dynamic partitions and therefore it does not find any data.

Thanks for your support and sorry for the mess
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to hue-user+u...@cloudera.org.