Hue - Sentry Access

Vaidyanathan Radhakrishnan

Apr 27, 2016, 8:19:35 AM4/27/16
to Hue-Users
Hi Team,

I have configured Hue with LDAP successfully after which AD users can login to Hue as single-sign on. And I have configured Sentry without Kerberos. After this I could not able to create roles / grant permissions in Hue.

Removed LDAP properties and followed the below link

I could not able to find hive super and hence I created a new user "hive" in Hue and tried. There are no databases or provileges / roles/ groups shown in Hue.

Note: My primary aim is User Group from AD should be handled through Hue and no unix access to be provided.

Please help me in resolving this.

Thanks & Regards,
Vaidya

Romain Rigaux

Apr 27, 2016, 9:35:46 AM4/27/16
to Vaidyanathan Radhakrishnan, Hue-Users
Does you 'hive' user belongs to a 'hive' group in Hue?
Does the 'hive' group is set as Sentry admin in the sentry-site.xml file on the Hue machine too?

Vaidyanathan Radhakrishnan

Apr 27, 2016, 10:38:36 AM4/27/16
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
Hi Romain,

1. Hive is set as sentry admin as per sentry-site.xml

2. Do I need to create a group called in hive and assign the hive user to that group ?

Thanks & Regards,
Vaidya

Sent from my iPhone