Very Slow Hue response

bipin reddy

Oct 12, 2016, 11:08:03 PM10/12/16
to Hue-Users
Hi,

I am using hue 3.7.1.
My hue response time is exceeding 2 minutes.
Network is working fine and I am unable pin point what is causing the slowness.
Can anyone please help.

Thanks

Ben Sullins

Oct 12, 2016, 11:26:43 PM10/12/16
to bipin reddy, Hue-Users
Can you share your query? Some operations in Hive can result in complex Map Reduce jobs that, depending on your setup, can take well over 2 miutes.

Romain Rigaux

Oct 13, 2016, 1:53:45 AM10/13/16
to Ben Sullins, bipin reddy, Hue-Users
What is slow exactly? Executing queries or just opening pages like the editor or File Browser?

bipin reddy

Oct 13, 2016, 10:50:36 AM10/13/16
to Romain Rigaux, Ben Sullins, Hue-Users
Not the queries.
Opening file browser or job browser itself is taking more than 2 minutes

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 8:08 PM, bipin reddy <bipin.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am using hue 3.7.1.
My hue response time is exceeding 2 minutes.
Network is working fine and I am unable pin point what is causing the slowness.
Can anyone please help.

Thanks

Thanks & Regards
Bipin Kumar Reddy A,

Romain Rigaux

Oct 16, 2016, 5:40:30 PM10/16/16
to bipin reddy, Ben Sullins, Hue-Users
What do you have in the Hue logs? If you restart Hue, does it work fast at the beginning? (FYI 3.7 is pretty old, 3.11 is the latest now)

bipin reddy

Oct 17, 2016, 12:11:28 PM10/17/16
to Hue-Users, bipin.al...@gmail.com, b...@bensullins.com
Hue logs looks normal.
Yes, at first it works fast immediately after restart. But after few hours it goes back to slow.

Can you please suggest me upgrade steps? Or do I need to unistall 3.7 and install 3.11?

Romain Rigaux

Oct 21, 2016, 2:20:17 AM10/21/16
to bipin reddy, Hue-Users, Ben Sullins
You might have some users to download large SQL query result or upload zip archives thorugh file browser. We recommended setting up a load balancer for Hue manually or via CM

http://gethue.com/automatic-high-availability-and-load-balancing-of-hue-in-cloudera-manager-with-monitoring/