[Search Dashbord] - Counter Widget Hidden

Leonardo

Jul 5, 2016, 3:21:49 PM7/5/16
to Hue-Users
Hi,

I'm using HUE 3.9.0 with Solr 4.10.3 and the Counter Widget isn't available in any Search Dashbord.

The attachment show a print of Dashbord, and the Counter Widget is hidden (style="display: none;").

Someone can help-me?
counter01.PNG

Aniruddh Sharma

Jul 6, 2016, 10:12:57 AM7/6/16
to Leonardo, Hue-Users
Hi Leonardo

Hope are you doing well.  Just seen your message.

Actually I am also facing the same problem. I am using CDH5.7 which has Solr 4.10.3 but I need Solr 5.2.1. Did you find any way to resolve and make Solr 5.2.1 work on CDH ?

Thanks and Regards
Aniruddh

Leonardo

Jul 6, 2016, 10:46:36 AM7/6/16
to Hue-Users, leo.alve...@gmail.com
Aniruddh,

Actually I don't have plans to use any version of Solr that is not officially suported in CDH5.7. But you say that the Counter Widget just work with version 5.2.1 of Solr? You know any documentation about that?

Tks,

Leonardo.

Enrico Berti

Jul 6, 2016, 11:10:25 AM7/6/16
to Leonardo, Hue-Users
Hi!
The counter and other widgets of the Hue Search app use some functionalities that are available just from 5.1

Aniruddh Sharma

Jul 6, 2016, 11:13:10 AM7/6/16
to Enrico Berti, Leonardo, Hue-Users
Hi Enrico

Thanks for sharing the links. I use Cloudera 5.7 which has Solr 4.10.3 version.

Do you have documentation also where it says how to install Solr 5.2.1 on CDH. ?  so that upgrading Solr version we can try this out.

Thanks and Regards
Aniruddh

Enrico Berti

Jul 6, 2016, 11:15:42 AM7/6/16
to Aniruddh Sharma, Leonardo, Hue-Users
Unfortunately Solr 5.2 is not supported by CDH 5.7, so you will have to use a standalone version of it.

Cheers,
e.

Aniruddh Sharma

Jul 6, 2016, 11:19:40 AM7/6/16
to Enrico Berti, Leonardo, Hue-Users
Hi Enrico

It is fine that this solr version is not certified and Cloudera will not provide support for backward compatibility.

But do you think it is possible to install Solr 5.2  on Cloudera (even if they wouldn't support)

What do you mean by standalone (do you mean Solr install on unix fs instead of it being registered with HDFS and Zookeeper)

Thanks and Regards
Aniruddh

Enrico Berti

Jul 6, 2016, 11:31:46 AM7/6/16
to Aniruddh Sharma, Leonardo, Hue-Users
Yep, installing it alongside CDH :)

Cheers,
e.

Romain Rigaux

Jul 11, 2016, 9:04:44 PM7/11/16
to Enrico Berti, Aniruddh Sharma, Leonardo, Hue-Users
On the Hue side, you can trigger the widget and preview it with:

Preview of nested Analytics facets

Solr 5.1 is seeing new Analytics Facets. A beta support for them has been added and can be enabled in the hue.ini with:

1
2
[search]
latest=true

Aniruddh Sharma

Jul 11, 2016, 10:20:44 PM7/11/16
to Romain Rigaux, Enrico Berti, Leonardo, Hue-Users
Hi Romain

request your guidance on when you test it against Solr 5.1.

Is Solr 5.1 running on Kerberized Hadoop or is it Solr outside Hadoop where these features are getting tested ?

Thanks and Regards
Aniruddh

Romain Rigaux

Jul 13, 2016, 5:29:43 PM7/13/16
to Aniruddh Sharma, Enrico Berti, Leonardo, Hue-Users
If you want Solr 6, I would recommend to just download it from http://lucene.apache.org/solr/ until it gets into CDH